rFactor 2 has a new build update available today, details of which can be found below.
- Client build ID: 6098993 (+ Hotfixes 6104455, 6106301 & 6118392)
- Dedicated Server ID:6098998
(we recommend updating all dedicated servers)
- Added back-end support for detecting the state of the Steam overlay so we can advise people to turn it on when trying to show them a shopping cart.
- Fixed a possible deadlock.
- Changed the lighting at dusk to gradually transition the fog color, preventing a sudden light change.
- Improved the shutdown of a dedi so it no longer exits with a non-zero return code.
- Fixed an issue where if we failed to load a custom skin we would not correctly fall back to the default skin.
- Fixed an issue where blurred reflections did not show up.
- Made the material editor port configurable in the scene viewer and changed it to 5396 by default so it won’t conflict with the default port that rFactor 2 uses.
- Allow up to 128 scene paths in the scene viewer.
- Fixed an issue where upgrades did not correctly show in the showroom when selected.
- Enforced loading the correct upgrades before we initialize physics online.
- Added a few missing control options in the menus so they can be assigned again in the UI.
- Significantly improved the way we render our clouds, resulting in much better looking skies.
- Server will now kick a client using a custom team if file transfers are disabled because that client would be kicked when a race starts anyway.
- Various auto exposure tweaks were done, also to the cockpit view.
- Only pause the first session now if the setting is enabled on a dedicated server.
- Fixed UI mouse click control.
- Converted old FSAA values to new MSAA ones.
- Corrected some inconsistencies between the viewer and rFactor 2.
- Fixed some compound rendering issues in the showroom.
- Improved the camera editor in dev mode by fixing some assets for it.
The new update should download automatically next time you restart your Steam client.